This project is read-only.

Oomph V2

Jul 31, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Note for all that we are working on Oomph V2 and will be checking in bug fixes and new features to the tree.  Most of the changes are happening in the files called oomphx.*

And if you've really got features or things you'd like to see addressed, now's the time to bring them up!

Aug 20, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Hello,

I notice that oomph v1.1 doesn’t quite understand vevents when they are nested in a <table> and using “id” and “headers” attribute to link to common properties.

Will this be resolve in version 2?

js

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Can you elaborate?  Oomph does fine with something like this:

<table class="vevent" >
    <tr><td><a class="url" href="http://example.com">Example Web</a> </td></tr>
    <tr><td class="summary">Test Event</td></tr>
    </table>

Not following when you saw id and headers attributes. All Microformats attributes use class

Thanks,

Karsten 

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:01 PM

HI,

I’m trying to create a movie schedule where a movie is playing more than one time each day in the same location. I want each presentation to be a unique event but I don’t want to repeat the name and the location every time.

According to John Allsopp’s Microformats book, you can use a table to create a schedule layout. I his example, he use an id on a <th> to identify a unique “location” and associate it to multiple “vevent” using the “headers” attribute on <td>.

Based on that, here is my movie schedule:

--------------

<table class="vcalendar">
	<tr>
        <th class="summary" id="movie_title1">
        	Carts of Darkness
        </th>
	</tr>
    <tr>
        <th id="theater_location1" class="location vcard" headers="movie_title1">
        	<span class="fn org"><a href="http://www.nfb.ca/mediatheque" title="NFB Mediatheque" class="url">NFB Mediatheque</a></span><br>
			<span class="adr">
				<span class="street-address">150 John Street</span><br>
				<span class="locality">Toronto</span>, <span class="region">Ontario</span>, <span class="country-name">Canada</span>
			</span>						
</th> </tr> <tr> <td headers="movie_title1 theater_location1" class="vevent"> <abbr title="20090811T07:00-6000" class="dtstart">August 11 2009 at 07:00 PM</abbr> </td> </tr> <tr> <td headers="movie_title1 theater_location1" class="vevent"> <abbr title="20090812T07:00-6000" class="dtstart">August 12 2009 at 07:00 PM</abbr> </td> </tr> <tr> <td headers="movie_title1 theater_location1" class="vevent"> <abbr title="20090813T07:00-6000" class="dtstart">August 13 2009 at 07:00 PM</abbr> </td> </tr> </table>

---------------------

The Operator toolbar on Firefox understands it, but Oophf only output a list of untitled events.

Cheers,

JS

-----------------------------

Jean Sébastien Beaulieu
Front-End Web Developer

National Film Board of Canada
www.nfb.ca

Aug 24, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Ah, thanks for clarifying.  I wish I knew about this sooner, as we are just closing down Oomph2 and I'm not sure this is going to make it.  But thanks for raising it as an issue.